Veterans and Active Military Admissions

How to Apply

  • All Veteran and Active Military applicants are waived from paying the application fee. Please contact  Robert Marco prior to applying to receive the fee waiver code.
  • Complete the application for admission, including a personal statement.
  • Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions. Request an official transcript from your undergraduate institutions with proof of degree conferred. If you are in your last year of your undergraduate study and accepted to WCU, you will need to submit an official transcript showing degree awarded before you are fully matriculated into the program. If you were an undergraduate student at WCU, The Graduate School School can access your transcript and you will not need to provide a copy.
  • Send official test scores. It is the applicant's responsibility to send The Graduate School the official results of the any test required by your program (GRE, GMAT).
  • Submit to The Graduate School all official military transcripts.
  • Submit any additional supplemental materials required by your program (Resume, Writing Sample, etc.).

*It is the applicant's responsibility to supply The Graduate School with the necessary documents to complete his or her application. The Graduate School reserves the right to withdraw an application if the required information is not received.

**Please check the requirements of your specific program in the Programs of Study section below.

Programs of Study

West Chester University offers more than 80 graduate degrees and certificates, including a Doctor of Nursing Practice, Doctor of Public Administration, Doctor of Psychology, and ED.D in Policy, Planning, and Administration. Please explore all of our programs to discover what degree best suits your future goals.

Learn more about programs

Graduate Assistantships

A limited number of graduate assistantships are available to qualified graduate students for Fall and Spring semesters ONLY. Interested students should contact their graduate coordinator to determine the availability of assistantships.

To be eligible to receive a graduate assistantship, the student must satisfy the following requirements:

  1. Must be a fully matriculated, degree-seeking, graduate student; certification students are not eligible, and provisionally accepted students are not eligible unless the provisions are removed before the semester begins. Exceptions must be approved by the Dean of The Graduate School and extended education
  2. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for current graduate students (if a graduating senior, the undergraduate GPA must be at least 2.8)
  3. Have indicated interest in a graduate assistantship on the electronic application for admission to The Graduate School

Assistantships are also offered by departments outside of the individual colleges (non-academic) such as the Academic Programs and Services Division, Residence Life and Housing, the Academic Computing Center, and other offices. The announcements posted under "Current Opportunities" are usually from (but not restricted to) these areas.

Learn more about Graduate Assistantships

Current Veteran and Active Military Students

Designated as a Military Friendly School, West Chester University strives to provide our veteran and active military students with services specific to their needs. The links below will direct you to services for veterans and active military offered by different the offices on campus.