Forging a new path…CHARGE!
About 30% of West Chester University students are first generation students. While being the first to do anything can be a bit daunting, going off to college is also a major milestone.
You’re not alone! West Chester’s First is here to help you connect and thrive at WCU – from application to graduation.
Am I a “first-generation” college student?
The formal definition of a first-generation college student is a student whose parent(s) or guardian(s) did not complete a four-year college degree.
At WCU, if one of these statements applies to you, you’re a first-generation student!
- You’re the first person in your family to attend college
- None of your parent(s) or guardian(s) attended college
- None of your parent(s) or guardian(s) completed a college degree
Why West Chester’s First?
Not only is there a large population of first-gen students on campus, there is a large population of faculty, staff, and administrators who forged the college-path for their family.
In two simple words: We understand. College and the college process can be stressful at times. West Chester’s First is here to:
- gain a sense of belonging and establish your identity on our campus
- improve your skills to become a successful student
- help increase awareness surrounding you and your family’s needs as first-generation student
There’s a lot to do here. Get involved and see just how full (and fulfilling) your day can be.
FAFSA, bursar, tuition, payment plans…We’re experts in this stuff, so you don’t have to be.
Get ahead, Ram! These programs and services are here for you…so go ahead, use them!
West Chester’s First is here to help you connect and thrive at WCU – from application to graduation.
We're here for you!