As faculty members, you should have all international students work with the GEO on all immigration matters, however, having a basic understanding of the regulations might be helpful.
- Full-time enrollment is legally required
- 12 credit hours for undergraduate students
- 9 credit hours for graduate students
- Exception: Applied Statistics and Education Majors
- Undergraduate and graduate students require approval from the GEO to drop below the full-time course requirement
- Online courses
- Both undergraduate and graduate students may enroll in only one online course per term
- Online courses in the student’s final term are not permitted. Students must have an in-person course their last term.
- Employment is limited to 20 hours per week
- Limited to on-campus employers
- Students may work on campus up to 40 hours per week during official school holidays and semester breaks (e.g., spring break, summer)
- Students are required to have an SSN prior to starting work