Transfer Credit Center: Credit Evaluation Process
Admission to WCU: #WCUaccepted for #WCUtransfer
- Transfer credit evaluations are completed for students who apply to WCU.
- After you have applied, your official transcripts will be reviewed and your courses will be evaluated.
- Next, make sure you take all necessary steps to secure your acceptance.
The Course-By-Course Evaluation
Transfer credit evaluations are completed on a course-by-course basis. Each course on your official transcripts will be assigned an equivalency.
The Four Types of Course Equivalencies
- Specific Course Equivalency: This is when a transfer course is equivalent to a specific course at WCU. Examples: PSY 100, BIO 100, WRT 120, etc.
- Subject-Specific Electives: This is credit that is specific to a subject but NOT a specific course at WCU. The number 199 is paired with a specific subject to reflect this. Examples: PSY 199, BIO 199, PHI 199, etc.
- General Transfer Equivalency: This equivalency is used when the course is not equivalent to a specific course OR subject at WCU. This equivalency is TRN 199. Please note: This course equivalency does NOT fulfill any specific degree requirements. It only counts towards the 120 credits needed to graduate.
- Rejected Equivalency: This equivalency is used for credits that are not accepted by WCU. There are several
reasons why a course would be rejected, and each reason is given a code:
- RM = Remedial credit
- GL = Grade Low
- DC = Duplicate Credit
Receiving Your Evaluation
- A course credit evaluation will be sent to you, generally within 14 days.
- Please note that this is the only transfer credit evaluation you will receive. Additional updates can only be reviewed by accessing your myWCU account.
- Sample Course Credit Evaluation
To have courses re-evaluated you must submit the Transfer Credit Appeal form , along with the required documentation, to the appropriate academic department. See Credit Appeals for more information.
Transfer Credit Estimator
To explore how your credits might transfer, use the Transfer Credit Estimator.