The Office of Residence Life and Housing, located in room 202 Lawrence Center, assists on campus residential students in all aspects of their on-campus living experience. This includes supervision of all residence hall staff, oversight of university policies and procedures related to campus housing. Additionally, we have operational oversight of the Goshen, Killinger, Schmidt and Tyson Halls plus College Arms Apartments and the South Campus Apartment Complex. The Residence Life and Housing staff is committed to making your experience in on-campus housing both an enjoyable one, and one of personal development. If you need assistance, please call 610-436-3307 or email@example.com
WCU Housing Process for Academic Year 2023-2024
Announced for All Current WCU Students
Current students will find a three-phase application process to apply for WCU housing for the 2023-2024 academic year. All phases must be completed by the deadlines indicated and students are advised to check email frequently for important updates.
Phase 1: Housing Application
- The Office of Residence Life and Housing will begin accepting housing applications
for the 2023-2024 Academic Year (fall and spring) on Tuesday, November 15, 2022.
- Limited space for current students is available in WCU housing. Current students may
reside in College Arms Apartments, South Campus Apartments as well as in USH. Students are encouraged to explore all housing options including off campus living options, and to make housing decisions and take action early. WCU Housing is not guaranteed.
- Beginning on Tuesday, November 15 at 12:00 pm (noon), current students interested
in WCU Housing may access the Housing Application in myWCU, under the Personal Information tab by selecting myHousing and selecting “Returning
2023-2024 Housing Application.” Students interested in USH should go to the main USH portal under “Current Student Application.” If applying for USH housing, please follow
the timeline outlined for roommate and room selection.
- Beginning on Tuesday, November 29 at 12pm (noon), all applications received for College Arms and South Campus Apartments will be reviewed to determine eligibility for WCU Housing Phase 2.
Phase 2: WCU Housing Room Selection Process
- Students who complete the WCU Housing Application will be notified of their status to participate in the room selection process on Friday, December 9. The room selection process will begin Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
Phase 3: WCU Housing Occupancy Agreement and Deposit
- Once a student selects a room placement, they will be required to sign the WCU 2023-2024 Occupancy Agreement and secure their selection with a $200 deposit within two weeks. Failure to complete this phase of the process will result in the loss of the room placement and removal from the WCU housing process.
Check Your Email
- All announcements, deadlines and reminders will be communicated to all students’ WCU email addresses. Be sure to check email frequently for important updates.
**Meal Plan requirements and housing rates will not be set until late spring**
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Is a $200 deposit needed for Phase 1? And will there be a “fee waiver”?
Answer: No, the nonrefundable deposit is needed during Phase 3 and the fee waiver process will be outlined prior to Phase 3.
- Question: If I am thinking about applying to be an RA next year, do I fill out an
Answer: Yes, please do!
- Question: How will eligibility be determined?
Answer: On December 9, 2022 every student that has filled out a WCU application will receive an email that outlines the criteria for eligibility and their status for Phase 2.
Resident Assistant Applications are now available for Spring 2023 vacancies! Resident Assistant Information Sessions will also be hosted, both in-person and virtually,
in the residence halls so students can learn more about the position before applying.
Please reach out for more information about the interest sessions!
The RA Application and required materials are due no later than Sunday, November 27, 2022, at 11:55 PM!